Thursday, August 27, 2009

White Pizza with Arugula


Tonight's Barefoot Bloggers recipe is White Pizza with Arugula.
I was pretty excited to try this. Not because I hadn't had white pizza before, but because it's really not one of my favorite things (yeah, that's something to be excited about, having to make something you don't like for dinner...). I certainly would never order it up at a pizza place, let alone actually try my hand at making it.
I should begin by saying that sharp cheeses like goat cheese and fontina, both of which were called for in this recipe, are not on my top list of favorites. I am not a huge fan of spicy ingredients like red pepper flakes. I'm not a huge lover of garlic, either. This wasn't looking good.
Nonetheless, we (hub helped out tonite!)stuck to the recipe exactly as written in "Barefoot Contessa:Back to Basics". The ONLY exception being that we didn't make the pizza dough from scratch. We bought it. I've been so busy at work lately, and unfortunately I didn't have time tonight to proof dough and wait for it to rise before we can eat. If I had made this over the weekend, then I definitely would have made the dough from scratch.
The result- an awesome pizza full of ingredients that I don't normally like, but really loved in this pizza. I would make this again for sure. It was that good.
Recipes such as this are the reason I joined the Barefoot Blogger's food blog community. I wanted to get out of my cooking rut and try things that I normally wouldn't.
Best regards to Andrea of Nummy Kitchen for picking this awesome recipe!!! GREAT CHOICE!!!

1 comment:

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Your pizza looks delicious! I'm so glad that you ended up liking it in the end even though some of the ingredients aren't your favorites, I have to admit I'm not a huge garlic fan either but I loved it in the garlic oil for this recipe. Thanks for cooking along with me on this pick :)