Sunday, June 14, 2009

Barefoot Blogger's : Cranberry Orange Scones


Ok, so this is my first official post as a food blogger. Hopefully I won't make any major faux pas here. I dont know if there are any hard and fast rules like do I have to post the recipe? Do I have to post the name of the person who chose, with a link to their respective blog?

Anyway, Em of the Repressed Pastry Chef http://the%20repressedpastrychef.com/ this month's Barefoot Challenge Recipe of Cranberry Orange Scones.

I have always wanted to try this recipe. I've seen Ina Garten make these on her show, and they always look so good!! To be honest, they were pretty good, but I like my neighbor's cream scones better. These were a bit too tart for us. Overall, though, I think I would make them again. I didn't have time to make the glaze and maybe that would have helped with the tartness.
This recipe says the yield is 14-16 scones, but I was able to get about 22 so I froze some for when we have visitors!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Your post was great, and your scones look wonderful! Welcome to Barefoot Bloggers!