Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome to my foodie blog

I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time now. I am starting this food blog so that I can join other food blogging communities and hopefully be inspired to cook some great meals for my family. You should see the top shelf of my pantry closet. It's lined from end to end with cookbooks and only cookbooks. Take a wild guess how often I actually open them and make something out of them. Well, not very often. Pathetic! And yet, the strange dichotomy of it all is that I really, really want to cook new and different things every week. You'd think with all of those fabulous cookbooks that it wouldn't be a problem finding new and innovative recipes. Even more, you'd think with all of the hours logged on my DVR of Barefoot Contessa and Giada's Everyday Italian episodes that I'd have a few good ideas every now and then. But I guess being a very busy working Mom takes it's toll on creativity.
I'm calling my blog "Slice of Life" not just for the obvious reasons, but also because my family blog is named "My Digital Life" and I thought they worked well together.
So, here's to getting out of a cooking rut and trying something new!

No comments: